Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Decoration on a dime










It was a beautiful spring like day so I decided to dig up some involuntary sego palms. I had to clip and clip and clip to get to them. With the pile I had I felt bad I had to toss them away and my mulch pile is overflowing. So instead of tossing them I tied a bow around a bunch and sprayed them with Super 77 so I could add some glitter. Looked pretty good and I tied it to the gate feeling rather smart.



Since it looked pretty good I added some to the star on the side of the house. I liked that so I went to the garage and found these two large aluminum vases I have and didn't know what to do with. I stuffed some leaves in the back and added some bulbs and other odds and ends. I needed a focal point so I added some Santas I had made years and years ago.





















So then I thought what the heck and hung some garland and wreaths i had....then I pulled out a beat up large wreath and added odds and ends.












Then I looked at what I had and added it to the walk coming up to my front door.




























Egads...I couldn't stop!!! Swags and lights went next. Then I moved inside. Up one hall and down the other!! Thank goodness Paul came home and i had to stop and cook for him! But not before decorating one of the dogs.



I took advantage of the 70% off decoration sale and bought two 9.99 icicle lights and hung those around the windows yesterday...the urge still exists!





No comments: