Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tuesday play


I did do a gesso wash over the background. Interesting effect. I am not sure I like it better...as i hated it from the get go. WHY OH WHY did I waste my time. Maybe if I did over the butterflies and then painted flowers over that? Maybe or MAYBE...and I am thinking I am liking this compose a poem and write it over it. yeah...that is where I am going with this I think.

Tuesday I painted seven wooden heart boxes I got for 90% off. I thought while I am at it why not the 90% off star cardboard boxes I have and then of course there is the three wooden purses I need to do and the thing I bought to hang on the wall to put my paint brushes in for 1.91.... SO. I spent the day priming, base painting, and then doing effects or techniques on the boxes. Some I painted about SIX times at least to get the technique in. And now it is Wed and I need to go get some sealer becuase i am done with them all except one and need to seal them. So technically I guess I am not done but egads it has been a lot of work. After I get back and spray them (in the Texas heat it takes no time to dry) I will take pics.

No comments: